We can help you through this difficult process by obtaining the Grant of Probate on your behalf.
How much does this service cost?
TOTAL: fixed fee of £480.00 (incl. VAT).
This includes: obtaining the grant only.
Breakdown of costs:
Legal fees £400, VAT on legal fees £80
In addition the following Disbursements may be payable:
- Probate court fee of £155.00 plus £1.50 for each office copy
- £5 Swearing of the oath (per executor) plus £2 per exhibit (although rules are changing to dispense with this)
- Bankruptcy-only Land Charges Department searches (£2 per beneficiary).
- approximate costs £100.00 Post in The London Gazette – Protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors.
- approximate costs £160.00 Post in a Local Newspaper – This also helps to protect against unexpected claims.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
As part of our fixed fee we will:
- Provide you with a dedicated and experienced probate specialist to work on your matter
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators
- Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require
- Obtain the relevant documents required to make the application
- Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC form IHT205 (any other HMRC form such as IHT400 will attract additional fees)
- Draft a legal oath or Statement of Truth for you to sign
- Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf
- Obtain the Probate and securely send two copies to you
Typically, obtaining the grant of probate takes 3-4 weeks.