Mortons operates an Equality and Diversity Policy which extends to our clients – click here to download. Adherence to this Policy is mandatory for all of our staff.
Should you have any queries in relation to our Policy or feel that we have failed to honour our commitment under this Policy, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Partners (a list of Partners can be found within the ‘Our People’ section of this website).
Equality and Diversity Policy
Mortons promotes Equality and values the positive benefits that Diversity in it workforce fosters.
As a service provider, our commitment to Equality and Diversity extends not only to our employees, but also to our client and supplier bases.
We will not discriminate when appointing, developing, promoting or disciplining employees, selecting third party agents, or when accepting instructions from prospective clients; we will listen to and consider any concern or grievance, irrespective of its merit, that is raised with us and undertake not to harass or victimise any person raising such a grievance or concern in any circumstances, but specifically not on the grounds of:
- Gender (including gender reassignment)
- Sexual Orientation
- Marital Status
- Race, colour, ethnic or national origins or creed
- Religion or beliefs
Similarly, will not accept instructions from clients to discriminate on these or any other grounds when appointing counsel or other experts or agents; all such parties will be appointed on the basis that they possess the relevant expertise.
Through our commitment to Equality and Diversity, it is our aim to create an environment in which:
- All decisions are based on merit
- The individual differences and contributions of our staff are recognised and valued
- All parties feel able to strive to achieve their full potential
- Employees, clients and agents are supportive of each other, to achieve a common goal
- All parties are treated with respect and there is an absence of bullying or harassment
- The Human Rights of every employee, client or agent with whom we engage, are respected and preserved
We take our commitment to Equality and Diversity in our workplace seriously and compliance with this policy is mandatory. As such, any breach of this policy will be considered to be a matter of misconduct which may lead to disciplinary action and ultimately legal proceedings.
Anyone who feels that they have been treated unfairly or suspects that any other party intented to be covered by this policy is being, or has been, treated unfairly should immediately report their concerns in confidence, to one of our Partners.
The policy will be reviewed periodically and action taken where identified as necessary.