We are looking to appoint an experienced Conveyancing Secretary to join our expanding team; providing a full range of secretarial and administrative support to the Conveyancing Department at our Durham office.
- The Maintenance of instructing Fee Earner’s typing and filing.
- Checking of post, planned events and voicemail messages in fee earners absence, dealing with any routine matters in which they are competent
- Dealing with clients by telephone and/or in person;
- Dealing with queries where they are competent and taking messages etc where necessary.
- Reception duties as and when required
- Contribute to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment
- Contribute to maintaining and improving office procedures
- Any other duties which from time to time are reasonably required by the firm
The candidate will have:
- Proactive approach to day to day tasks
- Strong organisational skills
- Sound keyboard and audio typing skills are essential.
- Accuracy and an eye for attention to detail.
- Familiarisation with Microsoft Office advantageous but not essential.
- The ability to maintain files in an orderly manner.
- An efficient and courteous telephone manner.
- A strong commitment to client care.
- The ability to communicate effectively with clients/colleagues/ other solicitors/authorities and other organisations etc.
- The ability to work well with others in a team environment or in isolation on own initiative when required.
- Flexibility – although most secretaries work for a designated Fee Earner all must be willing to accept work from other Fee earners when circumstances dictate.
Job Type: Full-time
- At least 1 years experience as a Conveyancing Legal Secretary is essential.
- Legal secretary: 1 year (Required)
To apply for this position, send your CV to Lynn Hogg @ email@example.com